Crowd-Sourced Funding Equity Raising is in the final launch stage before being available to Australian small/medium enterprises which could benefit by being able to raise capital from the public.
Now is the time for proactive accountants to identify clients who might be classified as a “Crowd-Sourced Funding Equity Raising Company”.
Crowd-Source Funding Equity Raising is brand-new in Australia; therefore, no accountancy business has an historical advantage in this market.
ASIC is currently finalising applications from businesses with Australian Financial Services Industry Licenses for the crowd-sourced funding endorsement so that those businesses can become Crowd-Sourced Funding Intermediaries.
ASIC has indicated that the initial group of Intermediaries should be known by the end of October 2017.
ASIC has released the forms for conversion of a proprietary limited company to a public company.
The ESS BIZTOOLS Crowd-Sourced Funding Product Package has been refreshed following the release of a number of regulatory guides by ASIC in the last few weeks.
The scene is set!
SME companies are going to be able to raise equity from the public on the widest scale ever in Australia.
CSF Intermediaries are gearing up to be able to offer services to companies hoping to meet the criteria of being a Crowd-Sourced Funding Company.
Some accountancy businesses have trained their team and are ready to assist clients who are hopeful that they will be able to qualify as a Crowd-Sourced Funding Company and then hopefully be able to raise capital from the public.
If you are one of those firms that have made a commitment to be an active participant in the Crowd-Sourced Funding Due Diligence processes – congratulations!
However, if you have not yet made the commitment to be an active participant in this “new income stream market”, you still have time and I trust that the presentation that is part of this article relating to my presentation to the ATSA Conference in conjunction with Marc Johnstone, Chief Operating Officer of Enable Funding/ ASSOB, will inspire your firm to become a proactive participant in assisting small/medium enterprises to be able to raise capital, if that is their desire.
Attached is the presentation that I presented with Marc Johnstone to the ATSA Conference on 16th October 2017. (Click here)
Accountants need to “claim this space”
- Crowd-sourced funding is a great opportunity for some of your clients to go to the “next level”.
- Working with a client, firstly to establish whether they are a crowd-sourced funding eligible company and then guiding them through the process of preparing all the documentation that is going to be required for presentation to the CSF Intermediary, will be exciting and your team members will enjoy the work process!
- Not only the clients, who are directly involved in this process, will be impressed by your “proactive services for your clients”, but your other clients who hear or observe the assistance that you have given to some of their colleagues will also be impressed.
- We recommend that your accountancy business embrace a “proactive approach to crowd sourced funding”.
If you have any questions on any aspect of Crowd-Sourced Funding, please do not hesitate to contact us – email@example.com or telephone 1800 232 088.
ESS BIZTOOLS’ Gold package includes a range of products to assist accountants/advisors in advising clients on the new capital raising opportunities for small/medium enterprises.
Why not take advantage of the special new financial year discount of 25% making the twelve months 24/7 subscription only $2227.50 including GST for a one office subscription? Click here for more information.
Latest posts by Peter Towers (see all)
- Is Your Firm Committed To Supplying Advisory Services? - December 10, 2018
- They’re Reliable, They’re High Margin! - November 13, 2018
- Crowd Sourced Funding Starts 19 October 2018! - October 22, 2018