The Class SMSF Benchmark Report is a statistical analysis of the 160,000+ Self Managed Super Funds administered on Class Super, representing 27% of the estimated 600,000 SMSFs in Australia as at 30 June 2018.
At Class we believe it is important for participants in the industry to have access to timely data about what SMSFs are investing in and to understand other key metrics about the funds.
The Class SMSF Benchmark Report is compiled using a selection of de-identified data extracted from across the Class Super database. Class Super’s transaction and market data feeds include daily balances from a wide rank of banks, brokers and wrap and other platform providers. The richness and timeliness of this data provides a unique, up to date view across a significant portion of the SMSF sector.
Past benchmark reports have included:
- September 2018 – SMSFs Outperform APRA-Regulated Funds
- June 2018 – Super reform: the great pension squeeze
- March 2018 – SMSFs continue to fuel ETF growth
- December 2017 – Do pension SMSFs match their stereotypes?
- September 2017 – Are Super Reforms set to close the SMSF gender gap?
- June 2017 – Super Reforms second wave
- March 2017 – Impact of Super Reforms
- December 2016 – Property and SMSFs
- September 2016 – How SMSFs use platforms
- June 2016 – Smaller balance funds
- March 2016 – ETFs and federal budget