A wide range of companies have already raised capital from the revamped Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising concept since the legislation changed on 19 October 2018. Some accountancy firms have already benefited from their clients being proactive in the equity raising space.
The companies which have already raised equity capital, or which are currently listed on one of the seven Intermediary’s websites seeking to raise capital, come from a wide variety of business activities including:
- digital bank
- digital platform
- manufacturers and retailers of craft beer, wine and spirits
- global currency app
- leading soccer brand – footballs, clothing
- surfboard designs
- technology to supplement livestock
- health supplements
- cloud enabled student tutoring
- multi-venue medical services business
- patented safety device seeking capital after the first sale
- internet gaming company seeking funds to expand into new networks and markets
- immersive theme park combining education with fun
There is a significant opportunity for accountancy firms to identify clients who might meet the characteristics of companies interested in raising capital and to then supply those companies with a range of services to assist them on the Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising journey.
Small Proprietary Companies (annual turnover less than $25 million and gross value of assets less than $25 million) have the ability to raise equity capital of up to $5 million in a 12-month period direct from the public.
ESS BIZTOOLS has developed a complete Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising Product Package to assist accountancy/business advisory firms to offer a new range of services which will assist accountancy/advisory firms to grow with your clients, including:
- Tools to identify clients who meet the characteristics of companies who might be interested in raising equity capital via the Client Matrix developed by ESS BIZTOOLS.
- Articles and templates to assist in mentoring clients on the operations of Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising.
- Overview of the Intermediary’s role, duties, responsibilities and powers.
- Templates to assist in the preparation of the Crowd Sourced Funding Offer Document.
- Overview of information that a client requires on the processes for listing a company on the contracted Intermediary’s website.
- Marketing material to assist accountants/business advisors to communicate with clients and prospects to advise them of the assistance that they are able to offer in the capital raising process.
- Commentary on the costs that the client company could incur from utilising Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising.
- Discussion on “pre-seed round” and/or “private launch” capital raising in which the selected Intermediary may encourage the company to be involved.
Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising is a great opportunity for some of your clients to go to the “next level” and create a “range of interesting and varied work” for your team and “new revenue stream opportunities” for your accountancy/advisory firm.
By being proactive in this space an accountancy firm has the opportunity to create a unique differentiation for your accountancy/advisory firm in the marketplace by proactively embracing this new concept for raising equity for small and medium-sized businesses. This concept has never been available for small or medium-sized businesses previously.
Why not implement a 2019 Action Plan to proactively offer Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising services for your clients and prospects, thus creating a unique competitive advantage for your firm?
The ESS BIZTOOLS’ Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising Product Package will guide you through every step of the Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising journey that your client needs to undertake. A special 40% discount is available until 31st January 2019, reducing the subscription for 12 months access to $599 (incl GST).
If you are interested in subscribing for this product or receiving more information, please click here.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me:
Telephone 1800 232 088
Peter Towers | Managing Director | ESS BIZTOOLS
Latest posts by Peter Towers (see all)
- Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising Report Card - April 11, 2019
- 12 STEPS TO SUCCESSFUL SME CAPITAL RAISING - March 12, 2019
- 16 Step Guide to Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising - February 12, 2019