In this edition, we continue on the commentary on the range of different industries that can gain support under the Business Growth Grant.
Medical Technologies And Pharmaceuticals
Support is available for businesses that provide medical or pharmaceutical products, specialist materials and technologies, in the areas of
- manufacturing, medical devices or pharmaceutical products;
- drug discovery and design;
- research and development of medical devices and pharmaceutical technologies;
- provision of specialist medical practice, where research is at least a significant part of the enterprise; and
- supply of critical medical technologies for health industry equipment, dealing or wholesaling of specialist medical equipment and complimentary medicines.
Mining Equipment Technology and Services
Support is potentially available for businesses that provide and/or supply specialised services, technologies and equipment for use in the mining and minerals extraction industries.
Oil, Gas and Energy Resources
Businesses involved in the exploration, development extraction and associated services of energy and fuels from oil, gas, coal and uranium.
Support could be provided to businesses involved in:
- coal mining;
- oil and gas extraction;
- petroleum exploration;
- petroleum refining and petroleum fuel manufacturing;
- other petroleum and coal product manufacturing; and
- gas supply and pipeline transport.
However, support is not available for businesses involved in energy generation and supply other than gas.
To be eligible to apply for Business Growth Grant, the business must be operated by a company or a company acting as trustee of a trust. The minimum turnover is $1.5million ($750,000 for eligible businesses in remote and very remote locations) and a maximum turnover of $100million.
Grant funding of up to $20,000 (excluding GST, per business) on a 50/50 basis is available, to undertake a wide range of business improvement activities, described under the following headings:
- Strategic Business Issues
- Human Resources Issues
- Internal Systems
- Marketing, Branding and Communication
- Financial Management Systems
- Exploring New Markets and New Market Intelligence
- Environmental Sustainability
- Product and Service Development
Next month, we will conclude this series by evaluating businesses that are under the term ‘enabling technologies and services’.
ESS BIZGRANTS is a cloud-based technology that is available to subscribers 24/7, which enable subscribers to identify government grants for which individual SMEs might be eligible.
You’re invited to sign up for a no-obligation two-week trial of ESS BIZGRANTS, whereby you will be given the opportunity to test the system for a few clients. Click here to try ESS BIZGRANTS for FREE.
- What does 2021 have in store for ATO audit activity? - 26 November 2020
- Over 30,000 people have invested in crowd sourced funding equity raising - 13 August 2019
- The 7 things your SMSF clients are judging you on - 13 June 2019