Well it’s that time of year again. The sun starts to come out, the birds begin to chirp and ATSA is on again in Melbourne on October 20-21. For those of you who don’t know – ATSA (Accountants’ Technology Showcase Australia) is Australia’s only independent technology conference and exhibition for accountants in practice. Now in its 8th year, ATSA is now somewhat of an institution for both practitioners and technology suppliers.
It’s the only place where all the major suppliers come together to provide a time efficient way for practitioners to keep up to date with the latest developments to ensure they’re harnessing the most effective technologies to give their firm an edge.
A feature of ATSA is the opening CEO forum where the CEO’s of the leading technology businesses are on stage together to respond to audience questions, and allows a direct comparison of the strategies being pursued. This year the CEO forum will include representatives from MYOB BankLink, BGL, CCH iFirm, Class Super, Intuit Quickbooks Online, Reckon, Sage HandiSoft, Supercorp and Xero. There should be some interesting discussion between the cloud accounting providers and the cloud SMSF providers!
If you haven’t considered attendance at ATSA before – here’s why you should:
- More than 45 technology suppliers all in one place. Imagine the challenge and the loss of time if you tried to engage with each of them individually. Yet, missing a crucial supplier may mean you’re missing out on a technology solution that could enable you to transform your efficiency or client service. Comparing the product demonstrations of competing suppliers is a great way to determine which supplier will best suite your firm’s needs.
- Participate in three practitioner open forums to hear how other practitioners have harnessed technology to transform their firm. Hear how firms have hit barriers and how they’ve been overcome.
- Hear about technology change at the ATO and how it will impact your firm in the future
- Become prepared for the next way of innovation that will impact firms encompassing mobile apps, use of video and next generation consulting tools.
- Learn from the experts like Deloitte, Smithink 2020 and others who are driving change in firms to harness the benefits from these new technologies.
In just two days you’ll be exhausted – there’s over 60 sessions to choose from – but you’ll be fully informed and fired up to capitalise on the new opportunities available.
Here’s what some of last year’s attendees said about ATSA 2013:
“My first time as an attendee and well worth the effort. It was a well run and professional event with all the major players in one place”. integratedPRIVATE
“ATSA 2013 was a very efficient way for us to form a picture of where the industry is at and what may be the shape of things to come”. Altus
“The ability to converse with suppliers and like-minded professionals is unsurpassed. ATSA is the only forum I know of that generates frank discussion between Practitioners of how they use IT in real practices”. Catalyst Partners Pty Limited
So don’t miss this opportunity to ensure your firm doesn’t slip behind. Visit Smithink2020.com to find our more or to register. Only 7 weeks to go.
- What does 2021 have in store for ATO audit activity? - 26 November 2020
- Over 30,000 people have invested in crowd sourced funding equity raising - 13 August 2019
- The 7 things your SMSF clients are judging you on - 13 June 2019