The 2017 Good Bad Ugly Insight report on Technology has revealed that out of all the potential investments an accounting firm could make in the next 12 months, a client portal is at the top of the list for Aussie firms.
Though many firms have improved their efficiency in recent years through processes, standardised firm-wide compliance workpapers and proper employee training, one of the biggest efficiency drainers in accounting firms is end of job routines—particularly when it comes to communication with clients.
Currently, firms without a client portal are either sending electronic documents insecurely via email or alternatively mailing physical documents back and forth to clients (and we all know Australia Post isn’t in any hurry). While others are having clients physically transport USB files to and from the office.
A client portal changes this. It solves the security dilemma of emails, the signature question of the digital world, and the obvious speed drawbacks of snail mail.
The best client portals offer:
- Secure electronic signing (for multiple signatures)
- Customised email notifications for your firm (and clients)
- Website integration for a seamless client experience
- Full integration and automatic updates with your document management system
Of course, good communication with your clients should never be automated, but a sophisticated client portal removes the frustration of getting everything you need from your clients, leaving room for value-adding conversations and genuine personal interaction.
If you’re looking for a client portal, HowNow Portal by Business Fitness is the industry’s best.
Brad Geelan | Business Fitness
- Adapting to the change that is here now - 13 November 2021
- Tax planning talking points: Have you added these changes to your tax planning checklists yet? - 4 May 2021
- Let’s talk about your firm’s use of technology in 2021 - 21 April 2021