I recently presented a training seminar, to a group of companies, on corporate governance, which was funded under the Business Growth Grant.
All of the companies have turnovers in excess of $2M. They’re all gearing themselves up for new development opportunities.
Some of the companies are also involved in “joint venture/network” opportunity for which they felt they needed some additional training on corporate governance issues, especially as to how they react and relate to other directors when they become involved in a “joint venture/network” type corporate entity.
The key items that were discussed at the workshop included:
- Responsibilities/liabilities of directors
- Strategic goal
- Appointment of managing director
- Quality time
- Risk management strategies to protect the company’s assets
- Understanding financial accounts
- Understanding budgets and cashflow forecasts
- Regular monitoring of financial accounts
- Portfolio allocations within the company
- Board meetings
- Appointment of new directors
- Director assessment
- Director’s personal responsibilities
- Role in network
- Together with an update of government grants
If you have any clients who could benefit from this type of corporate governance review, please contact us at ESS BIZGRANTS and we will give you an introduction to the appropriate government team responsible for this type of training and mentoring.
ESS BIZGRANTS is a cloud-based technology, available to subscribers 24/7, which enables subscribers to identify government grants for which individual small/medium enterprises might be eligible.
For Accountants and ESS BIZGRANTS have negotiated a 10% discount for all For Accountants’ members who subscribe to ESS BIZGRANTS. To obtain this discount, please quote ESS3WHA when completing the ESS BIZGRANTS’ subscription form.
You’re invited to sign up for a no-obligation two-week trial of ESS BIZGRANTS, whereby you will be given the opportunity to test the system. Click here to try ESS BIZGRANTS for free, or visit www.essbizgrants.com.au.