For Accountants, has linked with ESS BIZTOOLS, Australia’s leading developer of “business advisory/commercial services product packages” for the accounting/business advisory industry to bring accountants/business advisors an awareness of an exciting new opportunity for small/medium enterprises to raise equity capital and to create a new income stream for accountancy firms and/or business advisors.
Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising is now available for small proprietary companies and public companies which meet the eligibility requirements – primarily annual turnover less than $25 million, value of gross assets less than $25 million and not listed on a stock exchange.
The revamped legislation has been operational since 19 October 2018. A number of companies have already finalised their capital raising process and many others are now listed on the seven Intermediaries’ websites appointed by Australian Security Investment Commission.
The companies that have raised capital, or are attempting to raise capital, come from a wide variety of business activities including:
- Premium Socks and Underwear
- Digital Platform that Matches Moviegoers with Empty Seats
- Gin Manufacturer
- Flat Water Bottle Designed to Fit into your Bag
- Timekeeper Luxury Brands with Australian Inspired Crowns
- Investment in a Gaming Brand
- An Australian take on Modern Japanese Fusion
- Tomorrow’s House Today – Delivering the Future of Zero Carbon Housing
- Australia’s Premier Shave Club
- Network of Professional Funeral Planners and Celebrants
New income stream:
The majority of companies interested in Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising will require assistance from accountancy/business advisory firms for significant amounts of work on their Crowd Sourced Funding journey. This gives an outstanding opportunity for your firm to offer proactive advice to your clients and prospects and to differentiate your services from those of your competitors, thus creating a “new income stream.
Potential Sources of New Income:
- Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising Mentoring – indicative fees $5,000 – $11,000 (plus GST).
Potential Additional Fees:
- Preparation of a business plan – indicative fees $10,000 – $30,000 (plus GST).
- Preparation of budgets and cashflow forecast – indicative fees $3,000 – $10,000 (plus GST).
- Company directors mentoring advice relative to corporate governance – indicative fees $2,000 – $10,000 (plus GST).
- Some company’s may also be interested in having discussions with you relative to hiring your firm to supply a virtual Chief Financial Officer service – indicative fees $10,000 – $125,000 (plus GST).
ESS BIZTOOLS’ Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising Package annual subscription – normally $999 (incl GST) – 40% New Year discount valid to 31 January 2019 – discounted price $599 (incl GST). Please (click here) to subscribe, entering the discount code “CSFC40” at checkout to obtain your discount.
Alternatively, if you wish you could subscribe to the ESS BIZTOOLS’ Gold Package – for details click here – includes the Crowd Sourced Funding Equity Raising Package – for an annual subscription of $2,970 (incl GST) – 40% reduction – valid to the 31st January 2019. Please (click here) to subscribe, entering the discount code “GOLDC40” at checkout to obtain your discount.
You might like to read some of the Crowd Sourced Funding blog articles produced by ESS BIZTOOLS:
- Clients Aren’t Mushrooms – Don’t Keep Them In The Dark (Accountants Minute 183)
- What Do Your Clients Expect From You In 2019 (Accountants Minute 182)
- Complacency – A Good Way To Go Broke! (Accountants Minute 181)
- Is Your Firm Committed To Supplying Advisory Services? (Accountants Minute 180)
- CSF Could Help Repay Mum and Dad Loans (Accountants Minute 179)
Peter Towers | Managing Director