Time is running out for accounting firms to critically review the arrangement they have with the auditors of the SMSF funds for whom they prepare financial accounts.
Firms have until 30th June 2021 to make necessary arrangements to engage independent SMSF auditors.
If you have not yet made a decision about your SMSF Audit provider, you need to get up to speed now! Steven Watson, Director of the National Audits Group, recently presented a webinar on the new SMSF Audit Independence requirements and what this means for accounting firms that manage SMSF funds.
Key areas of focus for the webinar were:
- How will these changes affect your firm from 1st July 2021?
- What options do you have in moving forward with your SMSF services?
- What steps should you take now to find a qualified, independent SMSF auditor?
To listen to the webinar, CLICK HERE
Contact Steven Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Improving Audit Quality – The role of Directors and Audit Committees - 6 May 2022
- Auditing the Auditors – What’s ASIC trying to achieve? - 17 December 2021
- Audit Client Engagement – What’s Changed? - 21 July 2021