I had a conversation a couple of weeks ago on my webinar with my long-time pal, Andrew Geddes.
You may know of Andrew. He’s regarded as the Australian accounting industry guru and was the former chair of Green Cross Ltd, when it was a public company.
Our discussion centred around the all-important question:
“Can we move from compliance dominance to external CFO and virtual CFO service delivery?”
During the webinar, we looked back at the 40 years since Financial Management Research Centre (FMRC) was established at the University of New England. Andrew has been involved with the Centre right from the start.
We talked about the way Australian accounting has evolved over those four decades and how the industry is now facing its “moment of truth”.
These are the points that really stood out to my mind.
- The dawn of the new era for accountants is here – are you ready?
- Supplier of Advisory Services
- Today’s position of the accounting industry?
- External CFO Service Offering
- Model of CFO Delivery
- What Do Your Clients Need?
- Getting Started In Business Advisory Services Delivery
- Virtual CFO Service Offering – USA Experience
- How Might an Australian Accountant heavily involved in Compliance create an External CFO Service Offering?
- Advisory Board
- Measuring Performance
- New Business Advisory Division
- Developing Resilience
- Accountants Who “Got” The Tax Commissioner’s Message
- Need To Keep On Learning
- A Group Learning Process Could Be The Way
- ESS BIZTOOLS Business Advisory Services Starter Package
- ESS BIZTOOLS Advanced Package
- ESS BIZTOOLS Financial Forecasting Package
This journey looking back over 40 years of Australian accounting innovation with Andrew Geddes was really enlightening.
Most of all, it illustrated that as an industry we’re still evolving and Business Advisory Services really are the solution for a long-term future.
As you know, we at ESS BIZTOOLS have been encouraging accountants to start diversifying for many years.
Now it’s easier than ever, because we’ve developed many of the tools you’ll need to start working with your SME clients.
This means you can start offering a range of advisory services within days or weeks, not months or years.
Peter Towers | ESS BIZTOOLS | firstname.lastname@example.org